Saturday, July 9, 2011

Water Coloring Pages

Another idea from icanteachmychild.com on the books today. Just print out coloring pages from here onto white cardstock. You can either use water colors (there’s even a recipe to make your own watercolors) or watercolor pencils. I was cleaning out my office last night and came across ones I bought from Stampin’ Up years ago thinking I’d take on a new hobby (it didn’t take). I just made little colored marks on the sheets and then Aaron went to town with a wet paintbrush. If you’re using watercolors, just make dot with the colors and let the sheet dry. This will be a great quiet time activity and could even be a great on the road activity if you can figure out a way not to spill the water. This also lets me get out my occasional craving for some good ol' coloring time!

P7090006

He was so into it, he could hardly wait for me to get the color on the sheet.

P7090004

Of course, a Cardinals sheet for daddy who had to work on a Saturday.

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

Every Christmas and end of the school year I've printed out a personalized coloring sheet with a thank you message of cardstock that Madeline will color for her teacher & bus driver.

I'll have to save the link you put on this post, thanks.