Friday, July 8, 2011

This week in Pictures

A random assortment of thing that happened this week. A new weekly post? That’s the idea anyway…P7070064

Got this idea from www.icanteachmychild.com. I am LOVING this blog full of great pre-school activities using things you probably already have laying around. I am making little activity kits that I am hoping will keep little brothers entertained and learning while Aaron and I are “doing school”. I made segments up to the number 40 because that’s how long the noodle was. Aaron did well with it until about number 20 and then was ready to move on, but he came back later in the evening and asked to do it more. I need to stock up on containers to keep all these activities, and of course find places to keep the containers! 

P7060049

He’s pinching his marker!! He held his writing utensils so weird. I bought one of those grasper things you put on the end of a pencil and he seems to have gotten it pretty quickly.

P7060061

Playing dinosaurs with his friend Isabella. I’m not kidding you, these two have have played dinosaurs quietly and contently for up to four continuous hours on a couple of occasions. I need to read up on it, but I think girl/boy little friends get along better than girl/girl or boy/boy friends. Maybe less competition?

P7050046

And this is what Aaron does with his boy little friends! I set up a blanket in the backyard to try to create more shade over the sand box in the morning. I worked marginally well for sun shade, but the kids had a much better idea and turned it into a stage. Here are Aaron and his friend James “fighting” out their drama.

P7050051

These boys aren’t allowed in a car together by themselves again for at least another 20 years! And that “oh” look by Eric is something we see often. He has such a cute personality and tries to hide his little smiles with an “oh” face. Hard to explain, but very cute.

P7040037

I have a shot like this from every fireworks show we’ve ever been to. We had a great spot for one of the only fireworks shows in Central Texas.

IMG_1289

Here’s the one from his first 4th of July 2007. Look at his bald little baby head! I thought he would never grow hair!

P7040006

This is how I spent my 4th of July before the fireworks. I totally cleaned out the junk cabinet. Thanks to my neighbor and friend, Melissa, for this idea!  It’s funny how clearing out cabinets has a domino effect. I had to clear the cookbooks out of this top shelf in the cabinet, moved those to baskets above the fridges (I don’t use them that much anyway!). Above the fridge was another favorite junk spot that got cleared. And, the organizing kept moving me from one cabinet to another until most of them were done! I’m discovering the key to organizing is having lots of containers and not packing them with too much stuff…leave room to find what you put there!

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

Great pics, look forward to your weekly pics.

I hope James is not stomping on Aaron in that pic, or that they are just "playing" LOL.

Love the "then and now" firework pic of Aaron - great idea!

I've lost the "organizing bug" now that we're not expecting any guests anytime soon. We'll see - I still have a lot more to organize.