Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sweeter than Honey

Last week Aaron was a camper at Hays Hills Baptist Church’s Heroe’s Camp. He had an awesome time each day from 9-12 pm having fun and learning about the Lord with his friends. Each age level learned a song with actions. What a cutie!

Every teacher and parent’s hope is that the things they are teaching their kids are sinking in. The teachers sent home little notes each day telling a little bit about what they discussed and the memory verse for the day. On Friday afternoon Aaron came up to me and said very casually, “Mom, did you know that God’s word is sweeter than honey?”…we haven’t talked about that at home, so I’m sure he picked it up this week at Heroe’s Camp. What a blessing it was for me to hear my son quote scripture! Thank you teachers! You’re planting seeds for God’s Kingdom! This morning I found the verse that Aaron was referring to…

How sweet are your words to my taste,

Sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Psalm 119:103

It was a much needed reminder for me that even in this season of constant tasks I need to be in God’s word daily. And now I’m thinking about a homeschooling unit on bees and honey and relating it to this scripture. Hmmm.….

2 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

What a cute performance! And how sweet of Aaron. I forgot to tell you when he came to play on Tuesday he was so excited to tell me about camp, he said, "Ms Misa :) I went to camp and had a lot of fun and I got a 5 (or did he say 6)!" You could tell he was still thinking about camp.

Spence Ohana said...

P.S. Yay blog layout looks great! Glad you got it all figured out!

A lot of my cousins who have blogs and are pregnant and ticker countdowns like this one http://www.widdlytinks.com/pregnancy/pregnant-mother/ on their blog sidebar. You just copy and paste the code it gives you into an "html gadget".