Friday, June 3, 2011

I even impressed myself

 

P6020012

I’m not one to brag about my cooking…because I never have anything to brag about. BUT, yesterday was different. We were having grilled chicken for dinner and needed a bread to go along with it. We’ve been out of the ‘ol Pillsbury crescent rolls I usually grab, so (since the babies were taking a nice nap after a morning at the pool ) I went to the computer and looked up a homemade roll recipe. It was a total hit! I’m planning on making a bunch of these to freeze and I’m sure they will become a family favorite. I also split it in half to make a chicken sandwich and can’t wait to use these as slider rolls, or rolls for Italian beef, and the list goes on and on! Yes, I am getting this excited about bread. It’s pennies to make and healthier make with Whole Wheat flour and yummier then any roll I’ve ever had. Here’s the recipe…

Quick and Easy Yeast Rolls

I just substituted half the white flour for whole wheat flour.

I’ve also been making a great whole wheat pizza crust. We usually have pizza on Fridays, so maybe I’ll post pictures of that later.

2 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

I'll have to give these a try! My favorite rolls are King's Hawaiian sweet bread rolls.

Sherry said...

Oh, yummy! They look awesome! I'll have to try, too :)