Thursday, July 31, 2008

Decisions, decisions


We went and picked out our options for the house this week. There were so many choices to make!I went last week and pre-selected, but this was the final decision. I'm so glad to have met my friend Janessa who was able to watch Aaron in the afternoon so Greg and I could get this done! This picture shows the cabinet and countertop colors. The carpet will be throughout the house. I chose a darker neutral color to hopefully hide all the stains that will be put there by toddlers! The vinyl on the left will be in the kitchen, entry and half bath. The vinyl on the right will be in the upstairs bathrooms and laundry room. We tried to be smart and keep the standard "fun things" while upgrading the not fun things like insulation and room conversions. We also got the dual thermostat system so you can keep the upstairs warmer than the downstairs during the day and vice versa at night. Hopefully those things will help with energy savings. One fun thing we did add was the covered patio in the backyard so you can sit outside without baking in the Texas sun!


All these decisions are locked and no more changes are allowed, so please if you don't like the color choices we made, just lie and say you did! I'm sure there will be some bumps along the road, but the biggest decisions have been made and hopefully we can just sit back and wait for the keys! We have an initial building orientation in a couple of weeks. Unless they can really get it together, Greg will have to go on his own as I'll be back visiting family in IL.


I am super-excited for my piano studio! Now all I need is a piano :) I've been keeping an eye on Craig's list and it looks like you can get a decent one at a fair price. Hopefully we can get that as soon as we move in so I can start lessons the first part of January. I've also been pondering decisions on what to teach once we get to Kyle. I'm pretty set on doing piano and voice lessons, but the opportunity to teach Kindermusik again has come up and just today I happened upon a possibility of doing some church music leading again also. Long story short, I called a church just down the road from our house about holding Kindermusik there and the pastor said they'd been looking for a worhip/music director. Maybe it will be something I can do part-time, we'll see what comes of it! I don't want to overload myself as we'll are still planning on doing IVF by next summer, but it's exciting to have some professional projects besides potty training to focus on.

No comments: