Sunday, August 7, 2011

This is the day

P8070016

Each morning wakes anew, I walk downstairs ready to attack a new day and this is the first thing I see. A big smudged sliding glass window highlighted by the rising sun. I’ll admit that many days my initial reaction is “Blurg…why do I even bother to clean it the every two weeks I do? It just ends up smudged again in about two minutes.” But, today I was overwhelmed with thankfulness for the little boy hands that smudge it over and over. Even the almost 5 year old one that can reach the handle instead of pushing the glass to open the door.

Thank you, Lord, for little hands that make smudges! One day the smudges will be gone, but so will the little hands.

This is the the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Psalm 118:24

1 comment: