Sunday, July 5, 2009

Two Strong Heartbeats!


We had an ultrasound this week with the IVF doctor and my OB and heard two strong heartbeats! The doctor said they were measuring exactly the same (which they should be) and are right on track. I'm going to see her regularly and will also go to the perinatal clinic in Austin for extra checkups. It's just standard to consider any multiple pregnancy high risk. But, we're praying for an uneventful pregancy!

We had a fun 4th of July. Earlier in the week we did a craft playdate with my mom's group. Scott, Lana and Heather Presuhn came down for dinner and fireworks. It was great to catch up with our friends! Aaron loved the fireworks and was naming each color as they went off. His new favorite thing is pretending to be an animal. Lately it's been either a tiger or a penguin. And, I was pleased to discover that I can get him to do pretty much anything is we pretend we're an animal. Examples-Hop up to your room for nap times like a rabbit, jump into bed like a kangaroom, brush you teeth like a tiger. And one that actually worked yesterday, "brush your hair like a penguin." I know penguin don't have hair and wouldn't brush it if they did, but it worked!



2 comments:

Jessica said...

You need to start showing us pictures of that baby bump!!

Kate Geesaman said...

I'm only 8 weeks pregnant. I can't decide if it's a baby bump, or extra flab!