Thursday, June 5, 2008

Music Time

We visited a Kindermusik class this morning. It is very close to our apartment (less than 3 miles). Aaron had a great time and I really liked the teacher. I don't think we'll spend the money for it this summer, but I would to start classes in the Fall...we'll see how things are going with the house search.

Speaking of houses, our house in Peoria had a termite inspection done, and there was a small colony found in the garage. :( The realtor is hopeful that this is a minor bump in the road and does not think it will effect our closing on June 12th. We are going to have it sprayed and hopefully move things down the road. We'll be very happy when this is officially behind us.

After the Kindermusik class Aaron and I explored the park that is a mile from the apartment. It has a very nice playscape with several paved trails and picnic tables. It will be a great place to visit on otherwise free days. This evening I went to pick up a ride-on toy I found on Craig's List only to get there and have the guy tell me he had sold it months ago! But, he gave me a great deal on a jogging stroller he had. So, I can run at any time, not just super early before Aaron is up!

Aaron went down for an earlier than usual nap so we could go to our new ped at 3pm. Yeah health insurance! It's such a relief to be able to take my son to the doctor without being so concerned about how much it is going to cost. I was very pleased with the office, the staff and the doctor. The office is in a new building with fun kiddy decor and clean toys! She (the doctor) was very friendly and thorough...and also less than 3 miles away!

No comments: